Faithful to our Catholic Tradition, our mission is to witness to the Gospel while building an educational community that inspires the spiritual, academic and social development of young adults.
We at Central Catholic High School recognize that the best preparation for life is a challenging, well-rounded, academic education combined with diversified co-curricular activities all grounded in the teachings of Jesus Christ. We believe that students grow and mature best in a faith-based community where they, in union with God, and in partnership with their families and our staff, have a sense of belonging, security and commitment to service. We believe in the dignity and uniqueness of each person as a child of God.
A Central Catholic student will be
A spiritually-developed person:
An academically-prepared student:
- Demonstrates acceptance of self, compassion and concern for others based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Engages in personal and communal prayer.
- Recognizes and appreciates the tenets of both the Catholic and non-Catholic faiths.
- Practices active involvement in community through volunteer service.
- Fosters and shares talents that have been given as gifts from God.
- Applies Christian values, ethical standards and moral integrity to life.
A socially-responsible leader:
- Exhibits the skills and knowledge of a well-rounded, college-preparatory education.
- Employs creative and critical thinking to promote independent life-long learning.
- Utilizes technology proficiently as a tool for learning, communicating and skill-building across the curriculum.
- Demonstrates cooperative learning skills.
- Bridges college and career opportunities through curricular experiences.
- Is well-organized, self-disciplined and demonstrates good study habits.
A globally-conscious citizen:
- Practices a healthy lifestyle in body, mind and spirit.
- Is guided by morality, compassion, confidence and integrity.
- Participates in school and community co-curricular activities.
- Becomes an agent of change for a just society.
- Models team and family values.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cultural, political and economic challenges of the 21st century.
- Responds to world, national and local crises and challenges.
- Promotes stewardship of the environment.
- Understands and respects cultural and ethnic diversity.